Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney Representing Delaware Defendants
Licensed Delaware attorney defending the rights of clients in criminal matters
I’m Andrew (Andy) Witherell, a criminal defense attorney located in downtown Wilmington. I am committed to defending the accused, whether they’re facing motor vehicle charges, drug-related offenses or a other serious violent felonies. I am experienced in representing clients in all Delaware Courts including the Justice of the Peace, Family Court, Court of Common Pleas, and the Superior Court. With 27 years of experience, you can count on my aggressive advocacy to see your matter through to the best possible outcome.
Practical criminal defense lawyer stands up for the accused in Wilmington, Delaware
I’m eager to offer my criminal defense services to all Delaware defendants facing criminal charges. Often the charges will initiate in the Justice of the Peace Court or the Court of Common Pleas. The majority of charges fall under theses categories:
- Drug crimes — Whether you were charged with possession, distribution or another drug crime, I’ll fight for your rights in court and, if necessary, advocate for rehabilitation in lieu of incarceration.
- Gun and weapons crimes — Often included with Robbery or Assault, weapons offenses have serious penalties. I know the laws regarding possession of firearms and will stand up for you if you’ve been charged with a gun and weapons crime.
- Traffic violations — Running a red light, speeding or some other traffic violation may result in fines, license suspension or even revocation. If your alleged violation is suspected to be the cause of a person’s death, the state may even prosecute you for vehicular homicide. If this is the case, I will aggressively defend you against such charges.
- Theft — Crimes involving theft can result in serious repercussions if you’re convicted. I’ll build a strong defense aimed at securing a reduction or dismissal of charges.
- Assault– Domestic violence, disagreements, whatever the level, you need someone in your corner to advocate on your behalf.
- Juvenile law — I have experience working within the juvenile justice system in order to protect the futures of minors who have had run-ins with the law.
- Expungements — For clients who are looking to have a clear criminal record, I help determine whether or not they are eligible for expungement and guide them through the process.
I also defend those who have been potentially wrongfully accused of domestic violence crimes often resulting in the filing of Protection from Abuse (PFA) in the Family Court.
Contact Andrew J. Witherell, Esquire for a strong criminal defense:
Andrew J. Witherell, Esquire, is committed to providing a robust defense to Delaware clients facing prosecution. If you are seeking knowledgeable counsel in a criminal case, please call 302-655-1943 or contact me online.