Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney Representing Delaware Defendants
Licensed Delaware attorney defending the rights of clients in criminal matters
I’m Andy Witherell, the criminal defense attorney at Andrew J. Witherell, Esquire, located in downtown Wilmington. My firm is committed to defending the accused, whether they’re facing charges of a drug-related offense or a serious violent felony. I am also experienced in representing clients involved with Delaware’s juvenile justice system as well as helping convicted clients in matters related to their parole or probation. With 27 years of experience, you can count on my aggressive advocacy to see your matter through to the best possible outcome.
Practical criminal defense lawyer stands up for the accused in Wilmington, Delaware
I’m eager to offer my criminal defense services to all Delaware defendants facing charges such as:
- Drug crimes — Whether you were charged with possession, distribution or another drug crime, I’ll fight for your rights in court and, if necessary, advocate for rehabilitation in lieu of incarceration.
- Gun and weapons crimes — I know the laws regarding possession and sale of firearms and will stand up for you if you’ve been charged with a gun and weapons crime.
- Traffic violations — Running a red light, speeding or some other traffic violation may result in fines, license suspension or even revocation. If your alleged violation is suspected to be the cause of a person’s death, the state may even prosecute you for vehicular homicide. If this is the case, I will aggressively defend you against such charges.
- Theft — Crimes involving theft can result in serious repercussions if you’re convicted. I’ll build a strong defense aimed at securing a reduction or dismissal of charges.
- Juvenile law — I have experience working within the juvenile justice system in order to protect the futures of minors who have had run-ins with the law.
- Expungements — For clients who are looking to have a clear criminal record, I help determine whether or not they are eligible for expungement and guide them through the process.
I also defend those who have been potentially wrongfully accused of domestic violence crimes and offer post-conviction relief in parole & probation matters.
Contact my Wilmington firm for a strong criminal defense:
At Andrew J. Witherell, Esquire, I am committed to providing a robust defense to Delaware clients facing prosecution. If you are seeking knowledgeable counsel in a criminal case, please call 302-655-1943 or contact me online.